1 (edited by deerchao 2005-08-10 09:52)

Topic: things different here, compared with forums i usually go to

It seems that most person here like silence, even the admins. It's different from the forums I usually go to, of course, I mean common forums in China. At those places, they call posting as "pumping warter". I don't know if there is a equivalent speeking. There, to reply the threads you've read is thought to be in good manner, however your reply is meaningful. I think this is because that more posts mean more popular, and more popular means the site owener would get more benifits.
I want to know the culture here, what rules should I follow to make me thought to not be in bad manner?

I'm here to learn English...
So, don't laugh at me because of my poor grammar... but point it out, Thank you.
Drag Reducing Agents

2 (edited by Tobi 2005-08-10 13:57)

Re: things different here, compared with forums i usually go to

I personally believe that besides the common rules known as "netiquette" there is one thing is well mannered:
If you do not know the answer don't answer.
Don't blah if you have nothing to say or do it in the off topic areas, that's what I think...
I've seen boards like the ones you mention but I rather have a question or two unanswered instead of having to dig through mountains of meaningless garbage.
In that respect this board is fine with me...

btw. it' up to the admins here to give a definite answer to your question wink

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

Re: things different here, compared with forums i usually go to

deerchao,

That all depends on the forum and the admin. I think Rickard would like to keep this forum as much on topic as possible so that he can get to the important posts regarding PunBB.

There are sections like this one for General discussion but mostly we ask and answer questions regarding PunBB. That's the way it's on the other Open Source support forums that I follow and help moderate. Though at times we have off-topic conversation, the majority of the forums are dedicated to the support of the product.