Topic: Subscribe to topic without email

Is it possible to subscribe to a topic withouth having to send email?

For instance, is is possible to give the option to receive email or PM?

Re: Subscribe to topic without email

Currently, no. PunBB does not have PM's at all, so such an option wouldn't make a lot of sense smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Currently, no. PunBB does not have PM's at all, so such an option wouldn't make a lot of sense smile

Maybe PM stands for something else...sorry, I meant private messages that members can send back and forth on the forum.

PunBB doesn't have PMs by default wink
It's a mod you can install though tongue

If you had your forum send a PM to everyone subsribed to a topic, wouldn't the PM table fill up pretty fast? Considering if 10 people subscribe to a topic, and there are ten replies, that means 100 rows in the PMS table. A few days and a busy forum and your database would be bloated.

http://punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=226 for the PM mod if you wish. smile

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?

Smartys wrote:

PunBB doesn't have PMs by default wink
It's a mod you can install though tongue

Ok. I already have it installed, didn't realize that it wasn't a default feature.

Geesh, I didnt' realize how much I have to learn.

creaturecorp wrote:

If you had your forum send a PM to everyone subsribed to a topic, wouldn't the PM table fill up pretty fast? Considering if 10 people subscribe to a topic, and there are ten replies, that means 100 rows in the PMS table. A few days and a busy forum and your database would be bloated.

http://punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=226 for the PM mod if you wish. smile

Point well taken. Thanks for helping me to see the logic lol