Topic: Apple Cinema Display on a regular "PC"

Does anyone have an idea if there are any problems in doing that? I'm helping a friend put together a gaming PC, but he wants to use the Cinema Display from his Apple to not have to have two monitors.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Apple Cinema Display on a regular "PC"

It shouldn't be a problem provided (s)he has the correct graphics card.

This DVI connection also removes all barriers to using an Apple display with a PC. If your graphics card supports DVI with DDC technology for widescreen viewing, you should be able to use these two displays with a PC.

I pulled this from the description on Amazon's listing for the 23 incher but it looks like the other Cinema displays use the same connection.

And pretty much any modern graphics card with a DVI connection has that?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I bought an LCD in April with a DVI connector. I shopped around and got an Nvidia card with DVI out and a new DVI cable for it.

http://nupusi.com/?query=sammy&amou … p;blogid=1

My connection specified a 24 pin DVI-D, so there are different types of DVI, at least that's what I came away with while researching this.