Topic: Hurricane Katrina

Bert, how you doing?

Katrina continues intensifying as it creeps toward South Florida landfall

Slowing its approach, Tropical Storm Katrina continued intensifying and churning toward South Florida, with landfall projected tonight or early Friday morning as a minimal hurricane.

http://www.wunderground.com/data/640x480/2xg4_ir_anim.gif

At 11 a.m., the system was 55 miles east of Fort Lauderdale, creeping west at 6 mph with sustained winds of 60 mph. At that rate and on its current course, the storm would strike somewhere near Fort Lauderdale or Pompano Beach around 10 p.m.

However, because it was expected to slow down even further, its exact landfall point and strength remain iffy, as it could strength and wobble north or south, weather officials said.

Full Story...

Re: Hurricane Katrina

I know someone who must be thrilled he is no longer living in that area.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

It's very rainy and windy, the gas stations are out of fuel. We bought enough groceries last night to last us the weekend. I have flashlights, candles and a battery operated radio and TV.

I'm still in Miami, we leave next week. I have movers coming on Saturday, I'm hoping that the rain lets up by then. I can't wait to be on higher ground.

Hurricane Katrina makes landfall on Louisiana coast as Gulf Coast braces for storm. Poor people, I feel bad for them sad

I'm out of Florida tomorrow, had to wait for Katrina to move up the country.

Next stop, North Carolina and higher ground. At least higher than sea level wink

I feel real bad for New Orleans, could have easily happened to us in Miami.

First there's Katrina, now there's Rita.