Topic: Finally: www.mellaflusia.com

After ages and ages, I've finally launched my site:

http://www.mellaflusia.com/forum/

It's a crazily customized punbb install. Let me know what you think!

Re: Finally: www.mellaflusia.com

Whoa, I have to agree with you, it's crazily customized! I like it, very good job!

Nice job. Looks great in Opera. Totally buggered in IE though.

Paul wrote:

Nice job. Looks great in Opera. Totally buggered in IE though.

Yeah, I knew that. Since more than 75% of the members of my site use Safari, IE6 is a low priority for me right now. I'll hack away at the stylesheet now and make it right.

WOW that done even look like punbb, you did a great job. awsome work man

You could have left the copyright to Rickard though......

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

I agree with Tobi... its respect...

Tobi wrote:

There's a whole page devoted to Rickard and PunBB on the site, so I don't think it's an issue of "respect". If he'd rather I put the Punbb copyright back, I'll most certainly do so.

Mellaflusia wrote:
Tobi wrote:

There's a whole page devoted to Rickard and PunBB on the site, so I don't think it's an issue of "respect". If he'd rather I put the Punbb copyright back, I'll most certainly do so.

I have checked the site again and couldnt find anything, well except noticed that you have changed the bottom and added 'and PunBB' in the powered line. I am not saying its not their, just saying I cant find it.

I think...not sure though... that he would ask for the copyright on. Because by saying its ok to remove it, is stating that everone can take it off. I could be wrong...maybe rickard can voice his opinion on this...
I also would be interested in having the copyright in a different section of my site, so would love your opnion to Rickard.

Mellaflusia wrote:

If he'd rather I put the Punbb copyright back, I'll most certainly do so.

Plus would it not make more sense to have left it on and then ask Rickard if any problem with removing and putting it somewhere else.

But thats just my opnion.

11 (edited by Mellaflusia 2005-09-16 13:18)

StevenBullen wrote:
Mellaflusia wrote:

If he'd rather I put the Punbb copyright back, I'll most certainly do so.

Plus would it not make more sense to have left it on and then ask Rickard if any problem with removing and putting it somewhere else.

But thats just my opnion.

Sure. I probably should have asked him before I started hacking it to pieces too. The site followed the letter of the law.

Your opinion is valid, and I've added the PunBB link to the site footer (it was always on the colophon page, which can be reached from any page on the site by clicking the word "Imagination" in the footer). It now follows the spirit of the law as well.

Thanks for your insightful comments on the site.

in firefox the long urls overlap the chat box mabey do something bout that no wrap idk

Hell of an implementation, it shows what can be done with PunBB with a little imagination wink

Sorry but I just moaned earlier... because to busy moaning I forgot to mention that it does look very good mate. IE is a bit of a weird one (which you have already mentioned), but in mozilla it looks top notch mate. I hope when you get time you can play around with the IE side of it.

Other than that mate... keep up the good work.

I am still working on my site sad

Wow! That looks amazing.

I really don't care about the copyright notice, but I do like it when there's a link back to punbb.org. The way it looks now is fine by me.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

how did u integrate the forum I wanna do the same thing but am really confused do i use mini portal?

Rickard wrote:

I really don't care about the copyright notice, but I do like it when there's a link back to punbb.org. The way it looks now is fine by me.

Quality!!!
Cheers Rickard.

ross3093 wrote:

how did u integrate the forum I wanna do the same thing but am really confused do i use mini portal?

Integrate the forum into what? The whole front page of the site is driven by Rickards News Plugin.

The gallery and the hotbox... now that's integration smile

~m

It proves TABLE HAVE TO DISAPPEAR smile

Rod wrote:

It proves TABLE HAVE TO DISAPPEAR smile

I don't think I have any tables left for layout now, but there's still a lot of layout tweaking I need to complete.

VERY IMPRESSIVE I'm trying to do something like that as well