Topic: John Lennon Forum

Hi,

I just concluded the conversion of my board at  John lennon Forum from phpBB to punBB. Have a look around and tell me what you think. There are more variations to the default style, but you'll have to register to try them, of course.

The conversion was a pain in the a**. First, with a database over 100Mb, the server seemed to interrupt the procedure at diferent points each time I executed the conversion. Then I decided that I should do the conversion on my home computer and then upload the converted database. After several errors, I found out that my mySQL version at home was more recent than the one at my server. Duuh...!!! Only after I backed up with backwards compability I was able to put everything to work. And it looks good.

Now, it's punBB's time to prove my community that it was worth it! It isn't easy to tell everyone they'll stop using the software they are so used to. Anyway, I think I made the right choice.

Thanks

Visit the John Lennon Forum, the kindest of all Lennon's message boards

Re: John Lennon Forum

I just found out the styles are not working with IE. Can someone give me a hand here and try with other browsers? Thanks.

Try http://browsershots.org/

By the way, I can't register : " Error: Could not connect to smtp host "smtp.johnlennonforum.com" (97) (Address family not supported by protocol)."

Thanks for that link. By the way, it looks like you're registered. Thanks.

Remove the "all" from the import section at the head of stylesheet and that should fix your IE6 problem. Otherwise its working in Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera.

Very nice and very active. Have you added it to PunBBig?

Yes, I did add it to PunBBig. I guess it's only a matter of time until it is listed.

As for the styles issues with IE... Of the 3 color schemes/style I designed, only the one named Lennon is not showing correctly. The other 2 - Isolation and OceanChild - are OK. There must be a few diferences in the CSS between one and the other 2.

Thanks for your input on the other browsers, Paul.

As I said, its the import sections which is screwed up. For lennon it should look like this

/****************************************************************/
/* 1. IMPORTED STYLESHEETS */
/****************************************************************/

/* Import the basic setup styles */
@import url(imports/base.css);
/* Import the colour scheme */
@import url(imports/Lennonbb_cs.css);

Paul wrote:

Remove the "all" from the import section at the head of stylesheet and that should fix your IE6 problem.

Thanks a lot, Paul. Absolutely right.

Congrats on the conversion, it looks good, I like the colors used, easy on the eyes.

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

viewforum looks a mess when using a fixed width. Hard to tell the urls apart from the text.