Topic: 1.3 compatibility

I have been actively considering adding a forum to my website. I tested different forum scripts for that purpose, and I must say, I found punBB to be the best of them. My question relates to the clean URL thing.

While searching through the forums, I found the thread on "feedback wanted for url rewriting". With reference to http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=34557#p34557 Rickard says that "I'm no longer considering it, I've decided to implement it."

My question is whether the proposed ver 1.3 with such feature would be compatible with the current ver 1.2.8 ie. whether one would be able to upgrade to such version, or whether the ver 1.3 would be written from scratch with no compatibility with the current 1.2.8 ver.

thanks.

Re: 1.3 compatibility

the script is not going to be rewrite, so not majorly

Go Canada! - No matter what, except when Stephen Harper is Prime Minster!
NHL is back, GO TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! even if they lose...
[Firefox Rules!] - [Amazing Race] - [My Site!]

You can take the code from the 1.3 url_rewrite.php, make a few changes and use it in functions.php.

Need the htaccess aswell.

You will certainly be able to upgrade from 1.2.8 to 1.3. The only things that will give you difficulty are mods that have been installed, changes to the markup you might have made to integrate PunBB into your site and style sheets (1.2.8 style sheets will certainly not work with 1.3).

Elzar wrote:

You can take the code from the 1.3 url_rewrite.php, make a few changes and use it in functions.php.

Need the htaccess aswell.

how so, could you explan?

-Steve