Topic: PunBBig needs a new home

As some of you have noticed, PunBBig has been down for a while. I have hosted it on a friends computer, but since I were the only one using it he decided to remove unix from it and make it a wondows-computer that he could use for other things.

So, I'm now in need for a new host.

The question is, can some friendly PunBB user provide me this for free, or should I look around for payed hosts? The problem is that I need perl access (using crontab) to update the data nightly, which I don't think that many hosts allow...

Please post here or send me a mail if you can help :)

/Chacmool

Edit: Oh, btw, if you wonder what "hej" means, it's the swedish word for "hello" :)

Re: PunBBig needs a new home

Well I've got one of TextDrives lifetime hosting plans which is being severly under used. You would be welcome to put PUnBBig there but I don't know anything about the crontab stuff or separating part of the account off to give someone else access. Maybe Rickard can reply since he knows more about TxD's technicalities than I do.

cron is not absolutely needed.
You got this which is very reliable : http://www.crontab.fr/login.php

Ludo,

TextDrive has crontab support.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

If you want i can host you, with shell access, crontab, choice of apache 1, 2 or lighttpd wink

Connor would probably be safer, he's less likely to accidentally trash your stuff than I am.

Talked to Connorhd on irc today, fixed me an account on his server smile

Thanks a lot!

Now I only need to get the backups from my last host ;P

That's good news! When do expect it to be up and running?

Visit the John Lennon Forum, the kindest of all Lennon's message boards

Paul wrote:

Connor would probably be safer, he's less likely to accidentally trash your stuff than I am.

haha, hopefully tongue

Any news on punBBig new home?

Connor is hosting it, I think Chacmool just needs to set it up smile

Connor hosts yes... and yes I only need to set it up smile

I have uploaded the files now at least, only need to update the database (15 meg .sql-file...).

Is PunBBig online ?

I'm so sorry this is taking so much time! Actually, I think this is a great plus for punBB users to get their forums exposed. It's a pity it's taking so long. sad

What's the status of PunBBig?

Need some assistance?

since Chacmool is lazy (:P) i restored the db for him but he needs to sort the crontab and whatever