Re: Private Message mod v1.2.2

Well, they obviously did more than just translate tongue

Maybe you should ask the people that made that then.

all is fine now ... it was a code error in message_send.php ...

it have been fix by the french trnaslation author.

Where can you download the french version? i want to have a look at it.

it's there :  http://alfadir.tuxfamily.org/viewtopic.php?pid=193#p193

the webmaster asked to people not giving the direct download link, so you'll have to register on his forum and after to downlod it.

greetz

weee thanks you :x

I love this mod! My community use it every day and we really appreciate your hard work.

I have one thought, after some use of the mod:

somehow the addition of "there are new messages" is quite easily overlooked. some people never even notice that they have new messages.

wondering if there's a way to simply make the pun menu "messages" bold when there's a new message, and not bold when there are no new ones?

Seems like the simplest way to get people's attention.

I'll add a changing ID for it then you can make it change however you want with css smile

Connorhd wrote:

I'll add a changing ID for it then you can make it change however you want with css smile

That would be superb.

I have a request also...
In the userlist.php... what is the chance of having another column with PM in? So that users can just click on userlist and PM link to send them a message. I understand for a PM it?s only one more click away by clicking on the person's profile. But u no what people r like... they want the shortest route...

Second request...
When you send a message to someone, its not always convenient to type the name in. Is it possible to produce a list box that has all the current users? I understand this would not be good for people with 100's or 1000's of users. But I personally have 20 and will probably not top 100 (as restricted).

Did I post requests in right place?

Oh by the way.... TOP MOD!!! wink

lol you realise they are almost the same request? I'll think about it wink

Well out of my requests... I did the top one with this code... please comment if you would see a problem in this?

<th class="tc3" scope="col">Message</th>

and

<td class="tc3"><?php echo '<a href="message_send.php?id='.$user_data['id'].'">PM</a>' ?></td>

This done what is needed for my site as userlist.php is only open to registered users.

2nd request... Working on a 'User List Box' for the Message_send.php at the moment.

Connorhd: What do you mean by the same... !

Well, the problem with that code is it will show to people who aren't allowed to use the PM mod, but if you add that then surely to lookup a username just put a link to userlist.php?

Connorhd wrote:

Well, the problem with that code is it will show to people who aren't allowed to use the PM mod, but if you add that then surely to lookup a username just put a link to userlist.php?

This is true...  and because my user base is small I am going to remove the 'Send New Message' and put 'Send Message' in the menu on the left which will direct to userlist.php

39 (edited by lament 2005-11-01 23:31)

Connor do I still need to run install_mod.php if I already had the mod installed previously, but updated to 1.2.10 and want to put it back in place?

in poking around the readme, it looks like it's now a plugin..

will running install_mode.php wipe out the messages already in the db from before?

Trying to view index.php after installation of PMS 1.2.2 on 1.2.10 i get the following error-msg:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ';' in /home/arvid/public_html/gmdebatt/include/functions.php on line 1064

Any thoughts on what could be the cause for this?

lamet, read the upgrade readme maybe? and yes you do need to run the install.

Arvid, you did an edit wrong?

42 (edited by Arvid 2005-11-02 16:29)

Since i don't really know what i'm doing when i'm editing all those files i was very careful following the instructions. Guess i managed to mess it up anyway... I'll do it all over again later tonight and hope everything works out fine then.

Edit: I did everything all over, except running install_mod.php, and i still get the parse error. I have a fresh installed 1.2.10 and the only modding i've been doing with the code so far is CodeXP's little hack to open external links in a new window (as described in the last post here, http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=217).

I don't get it. I've installed PMS once before (on 1.2.6) and i didn't have no problems then. I'm sure i haven't been up to anything funny while editing the code.

Great job, Connorhd. i just updated the mod and it works pretty well

Arvid wrote:

Since i don't really know what i'm doing when i'm editing all those files i was very careful following the instructions. Guess i managed to mess it up anyway... I'll do it all over again later tonight and hope everything works out fine then.

Edit: I did everything all over, except running install_mod.php, and i still get the parse error. I have a fresh installed 1.2.10 and the only modding i've been doing with the code so far is CodeXP's little hack to open external links in a new window (as described in the last post here, http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=217).

I don't get it. I've installed PMS once before (on 1.2.6) and i didn't have no problems then. I'm sure i haven't been up to anything funny while editing the code.

as I asked above and Connor said, you have to run install_mod.php.

Lament: But i did not update from an earlier version of PunBB like you did. I made a fresh install of PunBB 1.2.10, then installed PMS 1.2.2 (including running install_mod.php), but i could not get it to work properly. So i restored all the files i had edited and then re-did the edits. Surely i shouldn't have to run install_mod.php again?

I've had a problem where the upload was corrupted (or rather, when I downloaded it, it added an extra character to the end of the file).  try reup/downloading the file.

or what Connor said - maybe you did an edit incorrectly.

I'm sure WinRar would react if the archive was corrupted...? Or what file are we talking about here?

on the file where you're getting the parse error..

Hey all,

I've just modified this mod to also work on postgresql.
I'm not sure where/to whom to send it, Conner maybe?

For now you can find it on: http://145.98.209.235/deel/
I'd like to merge the changes with the current version, so can the maintainer of this mod send me a message?

Hendrik-Jan Heins

so can the maintainer of this mod send me a message?

you should probably message him