Topic: Poll: How Often Do YOU Update Your Punbb?

I was just curious about this and wanted to ask other punbb users. Whenever a new version is released I think about updating my version number but can hardly ever be bothered lol. It seems like every other week a new version is released. Usually I update every third release, so I did 1.2.1, 1.2.4, 1.2.7 and now I am waiting for 1.2.10

I know the new releases are put out for bug fixes and security measures but so far Ive never actually had any problems. Do you guys always install the latest version as and when they are released or are some of you lazy like me? big_smile

Re: Poll: How Often Do YOU Update Your Punbb?

/me goes to hack downliners site tongue

I update MyPunBB (pretty much my only forum now) as much as possible, especially when there are security holes.

You're "waiting" for 1.2.10? I have no idea when, if at all, 1.2.10 will be released.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Connorhd wrote:

/me goes to hack downliners site tongue

I update MyPunBB (pretty much my only forum now) as much as possible, especially when there are security holes.

lol, good job i keep mine up to date tongue

As soon as possible ... usually check what's been fixed so I know if I need to make it even faster wink  (i.e. if it's only stuff for admin/mods or register globals, I know I don't have to stress ... but if it isn't, I try to do it within a day ... )

hmm ... considering you posted that you haven't updated, you should probably do so pretty quick ... there are probably not only nice peiple looking on this site ... perhaps you'll soon figure out why it's worth upgrading security fixes ... hopefully not, but why take a chanse? wink

Rickard wrote:

You're "waiting" for 1.2.10? I have no idea when, if at all, 1.2.10 will be released.

I bet you said that with 1.2.9 wink

I update usually within 24 hours every time. The newsletter helps me stay up-to-date, so thanks for that smile

I try to do it for every release. But even with the patch util, it's a bitch to read. You miss one thing, and you could blow up a lot (since some very basic stuff, like knowing which thread you have read, has to be mod).

Well, hopefully the 1.3 plugin system will put an end to the fear.

there should be some more cool functions in punbb 1.3 so more people feel nice to use it

Coming from a new user... (ME!)

I started with 1.2.6 now running 1.2.9.
Skipped 1.2.7 and 1.2.8.

Question is??? when is auto-update coming along wink