Topic: Html looks not so good

can somebody tell me whats going on here
because when you go to the link and scroll to my page then you see that after 16 posts the html looks not so good.
but on other pages with more then 16 posts it doesnt has it.

http://highschoolfever.com/forum/upload … 979#p19979

thanks for your help already

Re: Html looks not so good

Yeah...

Who ever posted number 15... Incorrectly coded the post. If you check the quote its not done properly.

Edit the post and correct the quote and everything should be fine. I cant explain why this would happen though... But it's a cure.

Come back if any problems.

Thank you it works

Not a problem. smile

Hmm, I didn't have time to see the problem. Was the page layout broken due to a malformed quote tag or did it just look funky?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yeh the end of the qoute tag was filled in so the whole layout of the forum looked bad. but thnx to steven i found the broken qoute tag. and now it is ok.

I think this...

Rickard wrote:

malformed quote tag

From post 16 down to the footer it had partially lost its CSS. So looked funky as well...

Apologies... sad

I would very much like to know how that post was formatted because if you can break the page layout with a malformed quote tag, there's a bug somewhere in the BBCode parser.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

9 (edited by StevenBullen 2005-10-28 12:51)

Rickard wrote:

I would very much like to know how that post was formatted because if you can break the page layout with a malformed quote tag, there's a bug somewhere in the BBCode parser.

Does this help??
By the way rickard... the posts r not in order was playing around trying to figure out the problem... But the problem is still viewable...

NOTE: This is a copy of the source file, just on the web. This is being hosted by my site only....
http://www.marine-hunters.co.uk/mhmain/test.php

Let me know when I can delete it...

This isn't a conversion from another bbs is it? Looking at at the output what you have is the closing </div> and closing </blockquote> which would usually be generated by that part of parser.php which handles quotes. It is the extraneous closing div that is the main problem.