1 (edited by Krigsoffer 2005-11-07 14:47)

Topic: A bunch of problems...!

Well. My eenzy-weenzy problems are as follows:

//

How do i remove the underline effect everywhere? Internal - as well as external links.

I have added a login-box on the top of my forum, as shown at punres.org. However: When a have entered my username and password, i can't press [return]/[enter], and then log in. I have to press "Log In" with my mouse? Is there any way to fix this?

Is it possible to make a script that stops the users of posting right after their own posts?

How do i remove the signature function?

//EDIT
I've figured out #1 and #2.

Re: A bunch of problems...!

Anyone...?

Help would be greatly appreciated!

3. By editing the stylesheets (in the style directory). I generally wouldn't recommend it though. The underline is there for a reason.

4. We'd have to see your website to help you with that problem.

5. Yes.

6. You'd have to edit the scripts in order to disable it completely.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3. What reason?

4. What will it help to show my website? It's just that basic function found at standard login boxes. Even Google...

5. Is it available?

6. Not important, if it's such a hustle...

3. Well, one reason is that they links that aren't underlined can be very difficult to spot if you have degraded vision (e.g. no colour vision).

4. The problem has nothing to do with PunBB and if I recall correctly, it can be solved with a piece of Javascript, but before we start digging into that, a look at your website would help. We need to know if you have more than one form on the page in question etc.

5. Not that I know of.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

There are some things that not show on the CSS file

Yours, Benny.

Rickard wrote:

4. The problem has nothing to do with PunBB and if I recall correctly, it can be solved with a piece of Javascript, but before we start digging into that, a look at your website would help. We need to know if you have more than one form on the page in question etc.

Well. Here you go.

Benny wrote:

There are some things that not show on the CSS file

Is it something that can be added then? I really think that it makes my style messy. The underlining that is.

I think the problem is that you don't have a submit buttom. You only have a regular link with an onclick attribute. Try adding a regular submit button.

Also, you can remove onsubmit="return process_form(this)" from the form tag since you haven't included that javascript on the page.

?>
        <div class="logintop">
            <form id="login" name="login" method="post" action="login.php?action=in" onsubmit="return process_form(this)">
                <p>
                    <input type="hidden" name="form_sent" value="1" />
                    <input type="hidden" name="redirect_url" value="<?php echo $redirect_url ?>" />
                    <?php echo $lang_common['Username'] ?>:
                    <input type="text" name="req_username" size="16" maxlength="25" />
                     <?php echo $lang_common['Password'] ?>:

<input type="password" name="req_password" size="16" maxlength="16" />
                     <a href="#" onclick="document.login.submit(); return false"><?php echo $lang_common['Login'] ?></a>  |  <a href="register.php"><?php echo $lang_common['Register'] ?></a>
                </p>
            </form>
        </div>
<?php

How and where?

Krigsoffer wrote:
?>
        <div class="logintop">
            <form id="login" name="login" method="post" action="login.php?action=in" onsubmit="return process_form(this)">
                <p>
                    <input type="hidden" name="form_sent" value="1" />
                    <input type="hidden" name="redirect_url" value="<?php echo $redirect_url ?>" />
                    <?php echo $lang_common['Username'] ?>: <input type="text" name="req_username" size="16" maxlength="25" />
                     <?php echo $lang_common['Password'] ?>: <input type="password" name="req_password" size="16" maxlength="16" />
                     <input type="submit" value="<?php echo $lang_common['Login'] ?>" />
                </p>
            </form>
        </div>
<?php

How and where?

There... smile

I've removed the register link, and changed the login link with a submit button.
You can replace it with a image button, eg:
  <input type="image" src="/url/to/submit.png" alt="<?php echo $lang_common['Login'] ?>" />

11 (edited by Krigsoffer 2005-11-10 17:32)

Thanks! Works!

Regarding the underlining, i have tried to add a text-decoration tag in the "_cs.css", but it doesn't seem to work? Is this the proper procedure?

/* 4.1 This is the default for all links */

.pun A:link, .pun A:visited {COLOR: #000000} {TEXT-DECORATION: none}
.pun A:hover {COLOR: #ffffff} {TEXT-DECORATION: none}

/* 4.2 This is the colour for links in header rows and the navigation bar */

.pun H2 A:link, .pun H2 A:visited {COLOR: #000000} {TEXT-DECORATION: none}
.pun H2 A:hover {COLOR: #ffffff} {TEXT-DECORATION: none}