Topic: 1.3 question

Will "plugin" coders be getting a preview of the hook system for 1.3 to give a head start on their development or converting of their plugins/hacks? Or will the system be pretty basic and easy enough that they can understand it pretty quick?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Re: 1.3 question

Rickard said he was planning to make a "EDK" or something similar before releasing 1.3 for that excat purpose...

It is pretty basic but you will obviously need a list of hooks, http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9218 shows pretty much all it does wink

3 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2005-12-08 18:01)

another question... if i have a heavily modified board will i be able to use the dif/hdif method of upgrading to 1.3 or will i have to do a fresh install? reason i ask is i am wanting to use frontpage punbb for a production site but still would like to use punbb1.3 when it comes out.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

you will have to have all new files.

Dr.Jeckyl: Yes. I doubt I will make hdiffs though because they will be huge.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Dr.Jeckyl: Yes. I doubt I will make hdiffs though because they will be huge.

no problem. i'm sure lmarecha will update Frontpage PunBB to 1.3 when it's released. i'll just be patient.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

It couldn't be updated anyway as none of the mods will work with 1.3, compilation mods like that shouldn't be needed anymore as extension will make installing mods easy smile

Connorhd wrote:

It couldn't be updated anyway as none of the mods will work with 1.3, compilation mods like that shouldn't be needed anymore as extension will make installing mods easy smile

that makes sense now doesn't it? wink

hopefully the mods he has included will be updated soon after 1.3's release.

@Connorhd: i was hoping to hear from you either way regarding my email(s). if not i understand.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

@Connorhd: i was hoping to hear from you either way regarding my email(s). if not i understand.

Sorry, i don't understand, what email?

edit: Whoops, looks like i had my email setup wrong, i'll get back to you after i've sifted through a few thousand emails wink

Connorhd wrote:
Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

Sorry, i don't understand, what email?

edit: Whoops, looks like i had my email setup wrong, i'll get back to you after i've sifted through a few thousand emails wink

lmao! ok, i look forward to hearing from you.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more