Topic: Registration Emails from Gmail and Yahoo fail to arrive

I can't register here with a Gmail address (but that's by the way!)

Just installed PunBB (via Softaculous)

Registration confirmation emails frm my forum fail to arrive at test users I create with Gmail and Yahoo addresses. The confirmation emails do arrive at domains held on my server and I can successfully verify the address.

However, I do receive the administrator's confirmation emails that a new registration has been made for all addresses.

What might be the solution?

Re: Registration Emails from Gmail and Yahoo fail to arrive

>I can't register here with a Gmail address (but that's by the way!)
A lot of spammers. There are no administrators. ReCaptcha on the registration page does not perform its functions.
I block all domains of spammers.
Gmail contains the most spammers.

>Registration confirmation emails frm my forum fail to arrive at test users I create with Gmail and Yahoo addresses.
They fall into the spam with a high probability.

If you have not configured the use of an external smtp server in Administration → Settings → Email → Mail server configuration for sending emails from the forum, then you should configure your local mail server in accordance with all recommendations from Google (SPF record, Turn on DKIM signing, DMARC record) https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en

P.S. If you have just started using punbb, then it is better to switch to some other modern forum engine, which is currently supported / under development. punbb is dead.

Parserus, UserAgentAnalyzer.
I speak only Russian  :P

Thanks, I'll check out the Google link.

I've been looking for an alternative to nabble.com as I want to shift to something locally hosted. Tried SMF, but that is clearly fast becoming massive bloatware like WordPress.

PunBB offers exactly what I want and no more. I'd happily spend masses of time writing decent user documentation for PunBB if I knew there were committed developers still around.

And I should have said that the confirmation emails don't arrive at all. They definitely are not in Spam.

Check Gmail responses on your mail server. If he does not accept letters from the forum, then he can send an answer with the reason for the refusal.

Another clarification:
Administration → Settings → Email → Webmaster email
must match the actual sender email address.