Topic: [Beta release] msgFlow
This is extension is under active development. If you have any idea of improvements then just Yell!
- Running PunBB installation http://punbb.informer.com/
- Subdirectory for msgFlow locks have to be writeable by php (chmod 777)
There is currently alot of spambots on the site....
When installed all users will get their index and viewforum page updated live and get notification with a beep sound and title change.
Upcoming features in priotized order:
1. Chrome notification support
2. Live update of active topics on Portal by Daris
3. Visible status with on/off toggle, mute (both with cookie, off as default)
4. Live update of "Currently online" users on index
- Live update of index page
- Live update of viewforum page
- Live update of active topics page
How it works:
The extensions works as follows:
- User arrives to index or viewforum
- With long pulls JS will check if any changes have been done, currently the long pulls will last 280 seconds.
- Connection is done to extern.php where the first person that started to long pull locks a file and then pulls the database every fifth second. When a new post been posted php will return the new post and unlock the file so all other clients can check the database. This way only one client is constantly pulling from the database every fifth second.
I have personally used this extension for a very long time, I created it in February and had it running every since. I thought that after actually making mobileswitch and OxygenMobile public then I should make this baby public aswell.
I will keep this extension maintained purely based of interest from other forum managers. If you want this extension maintained then please "watch" the git repository on Github as long as you are using it. This will keep me motivated to continue to work on it and keep it in a state where it is easy to understand and used by others (otherwise it will fall underneath my ugly hacks priority list where it keeps in a state where my preferences are hardcoded).