I'm working on an Invision Power Board converter at the moment, so you could wait for it to be done instead if you want :) Or even better, you could beta-test the converter for me, beqause I don't have any large database to test with... (people tend not to be so happy about giving me their database backup-files to play around with :P)
No problem for me if you want my database SQL dump. Nothing confidential (passwords are encrypted, of course) But I can also make some test, as you wish.
About the problem: [...] Are you sure the posts/topics are converted to the new database at all?
I've made some tests, here are the results...
IPB database :
- for topics started by unregistered users, ipb_topics.starter_id = 0 and ipb_topics.starter_name = "any guest"
- for posts written by unregistered users, ipb_posts.author_id = 0 and ipb_posts.author_name = "any guest"
phpBB database (by conversion) :
- for topics started by unregistered users, phpbb_topics.topic_poster = 0
- for posts written by unregistered users, phpbb_posts.poster_id = 0 and phpbb_posts.post_username IS NULL
This was a problem even in the phpBB forum so I made updates :
SET topic_poster = -1
WHERE topic_poster = 0;
SET poster_id = -1, post_username = 'z0rglub_guest'
WHERE poster_id = 0;
... now it's better, I can see topics and posts from guests (but they are all called "z0rglub_guest", I've lost this info during conversion from IPB to phpBB)
punBB database (still by conversion) :
I can see Anonymous topics, but Anonymous posts are not shown :-/
- for topics started by unregistered users, punbb_topics. poster = "Anonymous"
- for posts written by unregistered users, punbb_posts.poster = "Anonymous" and punbb_posts.poster_id = 0
after trying to post as guest directly in punBB forum, I see that anonymous users have poster_id = 1, so
SET poster_id = 1
WHERE poster_id = 0;
and now, I can see anonymous posts :-) (still having lost username informations, but this is due to IPB to phpBB conversion)
Conclusion : problems for phpBB to punBB converter concerning guests on posts. If the phpbb_posts.poster_id = -1, the converter has to create a post with punbb_posts.poster_id = 1 and punbb_posts.poster = phpbb_posts.post_username.
Hope it helps